SOCIAL AND CULTURAL EVENTS
Members enjoy many social and cultural events including:
Annual Picnics, Monthly Dinners, Recreational Activities, Craft Workshops, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Networking and Support Groups.
- Transportation to and from medical appointments, errands, and shopping when volunteer drivers are available
- Library Services in the form of audiobooks and braille books
- Braille Classes available through Hadley School for the Blind, online and by mail.
- Computer Classes with adaptive technology installed such as ZoomText, JAWS, and Fusion
- Referral Agency to contact the appropriate services and resources through state agencies such as DORS/BESB
- Advocacy through informed state hearings regarding services and resources for those with disabilities
ADAPTIVE COMPUTER LAB
Our Technology Lab is equipped with voice, scanner, speech synthesis, Braille writing equipment, enlarged copier, color CCTVs as well as teaching aids and games for the blind and visually impaired.
NON-PROFIT RETAIL STORE
Aids and appliances including:
- Talking Watches & Clocks
- Household & Health Aids
- Writing Materials
- Large Print Devices
- Special Orders
Become a Member
Our members and supporters are what make the South East CT Community Center of the Blind a special place for the blind community. We keep you connected with our monthly newsletters, support groups, up-to-date technology, as well as Lunch & Learn programs. Here are a few things we want you to know:
We welcome your ideas and feedback on how best to continue to serve the low-vision community. We continuously research information and ideas to assist you in your daily living skills and keep you informed on new technology. We offer the use of our “adaptive computer lab”, desk-top magnifiers, and access to our retail outlet where you can try before you buy any of our adaptive products.
Please stay in touch by following us on Facebook. Let us know how we can be of service. Check our website often as well.
Benefits of Membership are detailed on our Benefits Tab.